This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (46 kb)
Pictures - PDF (266 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by North Dakota State University from (ND450-3Russ x Lemhi Russet) in Fargo, North Dakota (USA). Released in 1992.
- Year registered in Canada: 1999
- Registration number: 4905
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium to large, upright growth; stems have purple pigmentation at the base, medium size waved wings and no prominent nodes.
- Leaves: medium green to dark green, open, moderately pubescent; midribs and petioles are light green, sparsely pigmented and slightly pubescent.
Terminal leaflets: elliptical; tip acuminate; base lobed and asymmetrical.
Primary leaflets: three to four pairs, ovate, tip acuminate; asymmetrical base.
- Flowers: few, large, off-white to light lavender, orange anthers; long, strait and pubescent calix.
- Tubers: oblong to long; dark brown russetted skin; eyes are numerous, shallow and well distributed; they may show a reddish blush after storage; very white flesh.
- Sprouts: white with purple tips.
High yielding variety; tubers are usually smooth and quite uniform with very few external or internal defects. Very good resistance to hollow heart. Medium specific gravity. Good storability; medium dormancy period.
- Utilization: excellent for baking and boiling; very good for French frying if processed from harvest or short term storage. Its very white flesh, texture and excellent flavour make it particularly suitable for home and restaurant.
- Chief Markets: fresh market, count carton trade, processing.
Reaction to Diseases
Good resistance : common scab.
Moderately resistant : verticillium wilt, silver scurf.
Susceptible : most potato virus, early blight, late blight, soft rot, fusarium dry rot.
Leaf roll expression: light rolling of bottom leaves only; infected plants have normal size and colour.
References: 1, 6, 8.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: