The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) works with stakeholders to develop national farm-level biosecurity standards and producer guidance documents for several crop and animal-based sectors. These standards provide a proactive approach to minimize the introduction and spread of diseases and pests.
The development process is supported by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada in partnership with CFIA under the Growing Forward Agricultural Policy Framework.
Crop biosecurity prevents, minimizes and controls the introduction and spread of plant pests at the farm level. Pest problems can severely reduce the sustainability and profitability of the Canadian agricultural sector.
Standards and Guidelines
- National Farm-Level Biosecurity Planning Guide
- National Farm-Level Biosecurity Standard for the Grains and Oilseeds Sector
- National Farm-Level Biosecurity Standard for the Potato Sector
- National Voluntary Farm-Level Biosecurity Standard for the Greenhouse, Nursery and Floriculture Sectors
- Notice to Industry – Government of Canada and Fruit and Tree Nut Industry partner to develop National Farm-Level Biosecurity Standard
- Developing Your Biosecurity Plan: The National Voluntary Farm-Level Biosecurity Standard for the Fruit and Tree Nut Industries
- Date modified: