Plant and Plant Product Imports

Important Notice: Declaring Imports to the CBSA

Those who declare imports electronically to the CBSA should have completed testing and became certified to transmit their import declarations through the Integrated Import Declaration (IID) by January 1, 2019. If you have not already, learn how to become certified today.

Programs and Services for Commercial Importers

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency regulates the imports of products such as:

Some plants and plant products must also meet the requirements of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES).

Information for travellers: What can I bring into Canada?

Travellers are required, by law, to declare all plant, animal, and food items they bring into Canada. For more information visit What Can I Bring Into Canada?

Date modified: