Automated Import Reference System (AIRS)
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
The Automated Import Reference System (AIRS) shows the import requirements for Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) regulated commodities.
Access the Automated Import Reference System (AIRS) (opens in new window) and follow the series of drop down options that include:
- the Harmonized System (HS) classification
- end use and miscellaneous qualifiers pertaining to the commodity for import
What to consider when using AIRS:
- importers should consult Acts as passed by Parliament to interpret and apply the law
- AIRS is only for reference
- AIRS information is updated frequently
- importers are responsible to ensure their information is accurate at the time of importation
AIRS Codes and Registration Types
AIRS Verification Service
- Date modified: