Soil and soil-related matter
Because soil is a known pathway for the introduction and spread of pests, the CFIA establishes and maintains policies and standards relating to the importation and domestic movement of soil and soil-related matter to prevent the introduction and spread of regulated pests into Canada.
What information is available
- Import Procedures
- Domestic movement restrictions
- Plant Pest Surveillance
- Plant Health biosecurity standards and guides
- Horticulture pests of concern
- Nematodes / Other
Hazardous waste and recyclable materials that contain soil must be authorized by both the CFIA and Environment and Climate Change Canada prior to importation to Canada.
- Application for Permit to Import Plants and Other Things under the Plant Protection Act (CFIA/ACIA 5256)
- Hazardous waste and recyclable materials: apply for permit (ECCC)
Additional government and industry information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: