This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (11 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Kweekbedrijf Ropta - Z.P.C. from the cross (ZPC C 239 x Gloria) in Leeuwarden (The Netherlands) in 1976.
- Year licensed in Canada: 1999
- Licence number: 4959
- Maturity: mid-season to late.
- Plants: medium, erect to semi-spreading; stems very strongly pigmented; waved single wings; nodes slightly swollen and weakly pigmented.
- Leaves: greyish green, semi-open; midribs and petioles moderately pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate, deep veins; tip acute; base cordate and slightly asymmetrical.
Primary leaflets: five pairs; narrowly ovate, deep veins; tip acute; base cordate and slightly asymmetrical.
- Flowers: rather numerous, medium size white corolla, prominent star; orange anthers; flower buds weakly pigmented; peduncles weakly to moderately pigmented.
- Tubers: oval; rough yellow skin; shallow eyes, few in number, predominantly apical; eyebrows not prominent; pale yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical; blue-violet; base moderately pigmented, not pubescent; tip not pigmented, moderately pubescent, open habit.
High to very high yielding variety; high number of tubers per plant; develops rapidly, good foliage cover. Highly resistant to internal and external bruising; good resistance to second growth, hollow heart and drought. Medium to long dormancy period; poor to medium storage ability; high dry matter.
- Utilization: none to trace after cooking blackening; good for boiling, baking and french frying.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (race 1).
Highly resistant: PVA, tuber late blight, potato cyst nematode (races 1, 4, 5).
Moderately resistant: PVY, leaf roll, common scab, leaf late blight, fusarium dry rot.
Moderately susceptible: PVX.
Highly susceptible: phoma rot (gangrene).
References: 1, 4.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: