This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (34 kb)
Pictures - PDF (381 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (Conestoga x ND860-2) made by Benoit Bizimungu at the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Research Centre in Lethbridge, Alberta, in 1987.
- Year registered in Canada: 2010
- Registration number: 6789
- Maturity: very early
- Plants: medium to tall, spreading; stems weakly pigmented; inconspicious straight single wings; moderately swollen nodes.
- Leaves: medium green, semi-open; midribs and petioles weakly pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate and symmetrical.
Primary leaflets: four pairs; medium ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate.
Secondary leaflets: numerous.
- Flowers: medium profusion; red-violet corolla, moderately pigmented; orange yellow anthers; flower buds moderately pigmented, long sepal tips; peduncles weakly pigmented.
- Tubers: oval; smooth light beige skin; shallow eyes, predominantly apical; non prominent eyebrows; cream coloured flesh.
- Sprouts: spherical; blue-violet; base weakly pubescent, strongly pigmented; tip strongly pubescent, moderately pigmented, semi-open habit.
High early season yielding variety. Low incidence of internal and external tuber defects. High specific gravity.
- Utilization: good for early (out of the field) chips processing.
- Chief Market: early chips processing.
Reaction to Diseases
Moderately resistant: common scab.
Susceptible: late blight, early blight.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: