This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (78 kb)
Pictures - PDF (106 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (Allegany x E55-3) made at the Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, and selected by Peter Vander Zaag, SunRise Produce, Alliston, Ontario, in 1991.
- Year registered in Canada: 2008
- Registration number: 6441
- Maturity: late
- Plants: medium height, semi-erect; stems not pigmented; medium wings.
- Leaves: medium green, open; petioles not pigmented; small leaf stipules.
Terminal leaflets: broadly ovate; tip acuminate; base obtuse; no margin waviness.
Primary leaflets: small, 4 to 5 pairs; medium ovate; tip acuminate; base obtuse.
Secondary and tertiary leaflets: numerous.
- Flowers: rather numerous, red purple corolla with white tips; yellow anthers; calixes moderately pigmented; none to very few berry productions.
- Tubers: round and slightly flat; light brown coloured skin, smooth to rough and flaky texture; shallow eyes, evenly distributed; moderately prominent eyebrows; white cream flesh.
- Sprouts: conical; red purple; slightly pubescent; closed apex.
High yielding variety producing 8 to 15 tubers per plant; susceptible to bruising due to high solids. Good harvesting and handling techniques are required. Plant spacing recommended is at 20 to 25 cm. Natural senescence of the vines may be adequate in many areas but vine killing is not difficult when required for storage. Short dormancy period (100 days); good storability (up to 7 months at 9°C (48°F)). High specific gravity.
Remark: sensitive to foliar Metribuzen when dosage is higher than 250 g/ha.
- Utilization: very good chip color both fresh and out of storage.
- Chief Market: chipping.
Reaction to Diseases
Moderately resistant: common scab (may develop pits in heavy infestation).
Susceptible: late blight, early blight, verticillium wilt.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: