This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (12 kb)
Click on image for larger view
- Origin & Breeding: originated from the cross (F12/17 x D42/8) made by Plant Breeding International Cambridge ltd. in Cambridge (England) in 1975.
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4698
- Maturity: early
- Plants: low, spreading and open growth habit; medium thick stems with trace of pigment from base to top; narrow straight single wings; slightly swollen nodes.
- Leaves: yellowish green, open, strong pubescence on lower surface, weak pigmentation on midrib.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; acuminate tip; cordate and symmetrical base; weakly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: three to four pairs, small, broadly ovate, acuminate tip, cordate and very strongly asymmetrical base.
Secondary leaflets: numerous and small.
- Flowers: few, medium size, pale blue-violet with white tips, lemon yellow anthers; green buds, drop readily; weak pigmentation on long peduncule; low berry production.
- Tubers: round to short oval; white, smooth skin; shallow eyes, predominantly apical; medium prominent eyebrows; white flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid; intense blue-violet pigmentation; weak pubescence.
High yielding variety, exceptionally fast early bulking. Good tubers uniformity, attractive appearance. Good resistance to bruising and splitting; sensible to growth cracking. Low to medium dry matter content. Short dormancy period.
- Utilization: rather firm flesh with low to medium after cooking discolouration . Good for boiling and baking.
- Chief Market: early fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: potato cyst nematode Ro1 and partially resistant to Pa2/3.
Good resistance: blackleg.
Moderate resistance: leafroll virus, common scab.
Moderately susceptible: PVY, powdery scab, tuber late blight.
Highly susceptible: foliar late blight.
References: 1, 3.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: