This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (43 kb)
Pictures - PDF (138 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (F85001 x W231) made and selected by the Les Buissons Research Center, MAPAQ, at Pointe-aux-Outardes, Quebec (Canada). Released in 2007.
- Year registered in Canada: 2007
- Registration number: 6361
- Maturity: early
- Plants: medium size, erect to semi-erect; stems not or very weakly pigmented; straight single wings; nodes not swollen and not pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, semi-open; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: broadly ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate and symmetrical; weakly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: four pairs; medium ovate; tip cuspidate; base lobed, moderately asymmetrical.
- Flowers: rather numerous, large blue-violet corolla with very prominent star; bright yellow anthers; flower buds moderately to strongly pigmented; calixes strongly pigmented; peduncles slightly pigmented; low berry production.
- Tubers: long; flaky buff coloured skin; few shallow eyes, uniformly distributed; moderately prominent eyebrows; cream flesh.
- Sprouts: conical; red-violet; base and tip weakly pubescent and weakly pigmented.
High yielding variety; early tuber set. Tubers of attractive appearance. Medium dormancy period. Medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: excellent for boiling; very weak sloughing after boiling; no discolouration after cooking.
- Chief Market: early fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Moderately susceptible: common scab, rhizoctonia.
Susceptible: late blight.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: