This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (11 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by P.R. and J.P. Dijkhuis from (Bellona x Estima) in 1971, Warfhuizen (Netherlands).
- Year registered in Canada: 1997
- Registration number: 4578
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: semi-erect, medium height; stems medium thick, without pigmentation; prominent double waved wings.
- Leaves: dark green, half open, weak to medium pubescence on lower surface.
Terminal leaflets: ovate, large; acuminate tip; symmetrical and cordate base; medium to strong wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: five pairs; ovate, large; acuminate tip, cordate base with medium asymmetry.
- Flowers: few to medium profusion; buds weakly persistent, not pigmented; medium to large white corolla with a slightly prominent star; yellow-orange anthers.
- Tubers: round; white, smooth skin; shallow pink eyes with non-prominent pink eyebrows; yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical shape with weak red-violet pigmentation; sprout base has medium pubescence; sprout tip is closed with no pubescence.
Medium to high yielding variety with good tubers uniformity and excellent virus resistance. High resistance to bruising; sensible to drought. Medium high dry matter content. Medium long dormancy. Heat treatment 3 to 4 weeks prior to planting is recommended due to eyes low set. Fairly slow to germinate.
- Utilisation : rather firm flesh with no or very few discolouration after cooking. Good for cooking, very good for frying.
- Chief Markets: fresh market and transformation.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: PVA, PVM, PVS, PVX.
Moderately resistant: common scab, tuber late blight, pathotype A of the golden nematode.
Moderately susceptible: PVY, leafroll, foliar late blight.
Susceptible: blackleg, potato wart.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: