This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (74 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Svalöf Weibull AB from the cross (68/2144 x Sv 67108) in Svalöv (Sweden) in 1970.
- Registration in Canada: deregistered
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium height, semi-erect; stems and nodes not pigmented.
- Leaves: olive green, open; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly ovate; apex acute; base cordate and symmetrical; slightly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: three to four pairs; narrowly ovate; apex acute; base cordate and symmetrical.
Secondary and tertiary leaflets: few.
- Flowers: medium-sized white corolla; flower buds strongly pigmented.
- Tubers: round to oval; netted yellow skin; shallow eyes; creamy yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical; purple; base moderately pubescent; apex strongly pubescent.
Medium to high yielding variety; uniform medium-sized tubers; low internal and external defects; medium dormancy period; medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: mealy texture, medium boiling sloughing; low after cooking discoloration; good for boiling and baking.
- Chief Market: fresh market
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: potato wart.
Good resistance: late blight.
Moderately susceptible: PVY.
Susceptible: common scab.
Highly susceptible: potato cyst nematode.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: