This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (11 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by The Plant Breeding Institute from the cross (Y15/139 x Ulster Prince) in Crambridge (England). Released in 1972.
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4701
- Maturity: early to mid-season
- Plants: medium size; erect; stems weakly pigmented; wings narrow, straight single; nodes not swollen and not pigmented.
- Leaves: greyish green, dull, pubescent, wrinkled, open; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly ovate, drooping, almost completely overlapped by first pair of primary leaflets; apex acuminate; base cordate and symmetrical; highly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: three pairs, large, drooping; narrowly ovate; apex acuminate; base cordate, very strongly asymmetrical.
- Flowers: few to medium, pale violet corolla, white tips, medium size; lemon yellow anther; flower buds moderately pigmented (especially at the base), drop readily; peduncle weakly pigmented; low to medium berry production.
- Tubers: oval to oblong; smooth white skin; shallow to medium-deep eyes, intermediate in number, predominantly apical; slightly prominent eyebrows; white flesh.
- Sprouts: conical, pinkish red, weakly pubescent; base moderately pigmented; apex weakly pigmented.
High yielding variety; early tuber set. Good resistance to drought and bruising. Good storability; medium dormancy period; medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: low boiling sloughing; no after cooking discoloration; good for boiling and frying.
- Chief Markets: early fresh market, french fries early in season.
Reaction to Diseases
Good resistance: PVY, leaf roll, phoma rot.
Moderately susceptible: powdery scab.
Highly susceptible: foliar late blight.
Susceptible: potato cyst nematode, potato wart.
References: 1, 3.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: