This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (35 kb)
Pictures - PDF (426 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by C. Meijer BV from the cross (WS73-3-391 x Mansour) in Kruiningen, The Netherlands in 1985.
- Year registered in Canada: 2010
- Registration number: 6769
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium, semi-erect to spreading; stems moderately pigmented; very prominent straight single wings; nodes swollen, weakly pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, semi-open; midribs and petioles weakly pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium to broadly ovate; tip cuspidate to acuminate; base cordate; moderately wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: medium ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate.
- Flowers: absent or very few, drop readily; red-violet corolla (occasionally white); bright yellow anthers.
- Tubers: oblong; smooth yellow skin; shallow eyes, predominantly apical; moderately prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical; red-violet; base weakly pubescent, weakly pigmented; tip moderately pubescent, weakly pigmented, closed habit.
High yielding variety of attractive appearance. Good resistance to internal bruising and shatter bruise. Short to medium dormancy period. Good storage capability. Low to medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: fairly firm to firm texture; very good for boiling and salads.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (race 1).
Resistant: golden nematode ( Globodera rostochiensis Ro1).
Highly resistant: PVA, PVX, PVY.
Moderately resistant: common scab, leafroll.
Moderately susceptible: late blight on tubers.
Susceptible: late blight on foliage.
References: 1, 7, 10.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: