This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (34 kb)
Pictures - PDF (445 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Saka Pflanzenzucht GbR from the cross (Roseval x Rosara) in Hamburg, Germany in 1992.
- Year registered in Canada: 2010
- Registration number: 6741
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: tall, semi-upright; stems moderately pigmented; nodes slightly swollen.
- Leaves: medium green, closed silhouette; midribs and petioles moderately pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acute to acuminate; base cordate.
Primary leaflets: large; narrowly ovate; tip acute; base cordate; deep veins; weakly wavy margins.
Secondary leaflets: numerous.
- Flowers: few; red-violet corolla, strongly pigmented, prominent star; flower buds slightly pigmented, drop rather readily; peduncles not pigmented.
- Tubers: round; smooth red skin; moderately deep eyes, predominantly apical; slightly prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: large; broad cylindrical; red-violet; base strongly pigmented, no or very sparse pubescence; tip strongly pigmented, weakly pubescent, closed habit; short lateral shoots.
Medium yielding variety; tubers of attractive appearance; good washing quality; good storage capability. Low to medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: good for boiling.
- Chief Market: small size specialty market.
Reaction to Diseases
Information not available
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: