This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (10 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by E. Duursema from (Elvira x AM 66-42) in The Netherlands.
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4702
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium tall, upright growth; stems not pigmented; prominent waved single wings, nodes slightly swollen.
- Leaves: medium green, open, lower surface very pubescent; midribs not pigmented and moderately pubescent.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly ovate; acuminate tip; obtuse to cordate base, moderately asymmetrical; moderately wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: three pairs, narrowly ovate, acuminate tip, cordate and asymmetrical base.
- Flowers: very few, drop readily; small white corolla with prominent star; bright yellow anthers.
- Tubers: large, round oval; light yellow skin, smooth to slightly flaky; shallow eyes, evenly distributed; medium prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical, blue-violet, moderately pubescent.
Very high yielding variety that has a good resistance to drought. Very high dry matter content. Good storability aptitude. Medium dormancy period (6 months).
- Utilization: very good for baking, good for boiling.
- Chief Market: fresh market, pre-packaging.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: potato wart and potato cyst nematode pathotypes Ro1 and Ro4.
Highly resistant: PVY.
Moderately resistant: common scab.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: