This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (11 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (Ostara x Provita) by L. Bos, Ekkelwal, Assen, The Netherlands. Released in 1986.
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4685
- Maturity: early
- Plants: medium height, spreading to semi-erect; stems very branching, not pigmented; wings prominent, straight single; nodes slightly swollen.
- Leaves: dark green; semi-open; midribs not pigmented and very pubescent; petioles not pigmented; very large leaf stipules.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly ovate; apex acuminate; base cordate and moderately asymmetrical; strongly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: three pairs; medium ovate; apex acuminate; base obtuse to cordate and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: white corolla, very prominent star; lemon yellow anthers; buds not pigmented; no berry production.
- Tubers: oval to oblong; smooth to rough light yellow skin; shallow eyes, evenly distributed; eyebrows moderately prominent; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid; strong blue-violet colouration; base weakly pubescent; tip closed, strongly pubescent.
Medium to high yielding variety; large tubers of attractive appearance; uniform in grading; good resistance to internal bruising and drought. Short dormancy period; medium to high specific gravity.
- Utilization: fairly firm to floury texture; none to trace after cooking blackening; fair to good for boiling and baking; very good for chipping and frying.
- Chief Markets: fresh market and early processing into chips
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (race 1).
Highly resistant: PVA, PVY.
Good resistance: tuber late blight.
Moderately resistant: PVX, common scab, blackleg.
Moderately susceptible: leaf roll, fusarium dry rot.
Highly susceptible: foliage late blight.
References: 1, 4, 7.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: