PDF (76 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Agriculture and Agri Food Canada Research Station in Fredericton from the cross (BR 64633-2 x F59103) and selected by AAC Research Station in La Pocatière. Released in 1998.
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration No.: 4780
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium size, erect, leafy; stems not pigmented; wings prominent, waved single; nodes slightly swollen and slightly pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, open; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate and slightly asymmetrical; medium wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: three pairs; medium ovate; tip cuspidate; base cordate, slightly asymmetrical.
- Flowers: few, medium size violet corolla, slightly prominent star; bright yellow anthers; flower buds and peduncles moderately pigmented.
- Tubers: long, sometimes slightly curved; smooth buff skin; few shallow eyes, predominantly apical; non prominent eyebrows; white flesh.
- Sprouts: spherical; blue-violet; base moderately pubescent; apex not pigmented, weakly pubescent.
High yielding variety; well adapted to Québec climatic conditions; good storability; medium long dormancy period; high specific gravity.
- Utilization: fair for boiling, good for chipping at harvest, very good for french frying and baking.
- Chief Markets: french fries and fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
No information available.
References: 1, 2.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: