AC Blue Pride
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (83 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Research Center in St. John's, Newfoundland, from the cross (N713-16 x N889-78-3). Released in 1994.
- Year registered in Canada: 1997
- Registration No.: 4576
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium size, erect, spreading at maturity; stems slightly pigmented, especially at base and in leaf axils; inconspicuous wings; nodes slightly swollen and slightly pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, dull, smooth, closed; midribs and petioles slightly pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: ovate; tip cuspidate; base slightly asymmetrical.
Primary leaflets: three pairs; ovate.
Secondary and tertiary leaflets: numerous.
- Flowers: frequent; white corolla, medium sized; yellow anthers; green buds; long calyx lobes, slightly hairy; medium berry production.
- Tubers: oval to long; smooth blue purple skin; shallow eyes; white flesh, occasional coloration in vascular ring.
- Sprouts: purple; scattered long basal hairs.
Medium high yielding variety; excellent storability, long dormancy period; medium specific gravity.
Remark: susceptible to post emergence application of the herbicide metribuzin.
- Utilization: none to some after cooking discolouration; good for boiling.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: potato wart (race 2, 8).
Moderately susceptible: rhizoctonia, leaf roll, common scab.
Susceptible: potato cyst nematode.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: