Automated Import Reference System Verification Service
The following services may not be available November 24th, 2019 between 6:30 am and 1:30 PM EST
- CFIA Website (www.inspection.gc.ca)
- Automated Import Reference System (AIRS)
- CFIA Automated Shipment Inspection Status Search Tool (ASISST)
- AIRS Verification Service (AVS)
- CFIA Digital Document Store Application (DDS)
- Electronic Data Interchange - Other Government Department (OGD) Pre-Arrival Review System and/or the OGD Release on Minimum Documentation (EDI OGD PARS/RMD)
- Electronic Data Interchange - Integrated Import Declaration (EDI -IID)
- National Import Service Centre (NISC) Email (CFIA.NISC-CNSI.ACIA@Canada.ca)
Please contact the National Import Service Centre at 905-330-7429 if you have questions or need assistance.
Important notice: Phone line disruption due to system upgrades
CFIA will be upgrading its telephone system. Calls placed to any CFIA phone number, including the main contact number 1-800-442-2342 and the National Import Service Centre 1-800-835-4486, may result in a busy tone or possible disconnection. Please try your call again.
The Automated Import Reference System Verification Service (AVS) is designed to validate the coding of multiple Automated Import Reference System (AIRS) commodities in a single request for importers/brokers. It minimizes the number of rejected Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) requests due to incorrect entries, or missing or invalid AIRS coding in EDI transactions. AVS helps importers/brokers validate multiple commodities against the most current AIRS database. Within minutes, AVS identifies which line in a transaction, if any, is incorrect. In addition, AVS clearly indicates the line number in error, thereby eliminating the need for importers/brokers to contact the National Import Service Centre (NISC) to pinpoint the error.
Benefits of using AVS
- AVS is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- all product lines can be verified at once, to a maximum of 400 lines per message
- AVS clearly identifies the line number in error
- AVS reduces the number of rejections in EDI
- AVS reduces calls to the NISC to verify status and to identify the errors
- AVS minimizes delays at the border and expedite the release of shipments
- AVS provides a more efficient means to validate and update AIRS codes
To request an AVS Webkey please contact the CFIA EDI Coordinator and provide your Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) account security number.
- Date modified: