Archived - Chapter 11 – Export
This page has been archived
This page was archived due to the coming into force of the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations. Archived information is provided for reference, research or record-keeping purposes only. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. For current information visit Food.
Complete chapter (excluding annexes)
This chapter is not a complete source of information for the exporter. It contains only information regarding veterinary, sanitary, packing, marking, labelling and certification requirements of most countries to which Canada exports meat and meat products.
With regard to the commercial aspect and related documentation, it is strongly recommended that the exporter communicate with Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, a specialized broker, the Embassy or a Consulate of the country to which export is contemplated.
Before completing any deal, an exporter should ensure that the product is acceptable to the authorities of the importing country. It is the responsibility of the exporter to verify that all the requirements of the importing country are being met. This Department only supervises their implementation and certifies accordingly.
For this reason, it would be appreciated if any person aware of a requirement not indicated in this chapter inform the appropriate regional office. This would permit us to verify this information and add it, if applicable, to the other requirements of the country concerned.
- Annex A – Addition to Health Certificate CFIA/ACIA 1454
- Annex B – Application to Return Canadian Products Exported
- Annex B-1 – Authorization
- Annex B-2 – Official Declaration for Exported Canadian Meat Products Returned to Canada
- Annex B-3 – Flow Chart of Application to Return a Shipment Exported From Canada
- Annex T – Canadian Ractopamine-Free Pork Certification Program
- Annex U – Canadian Ractopamine-Free Poultry Certification Program
- Annex V – Canadian Beta Agonist-Free Beef Certification Program
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: