Kuwait - Export requirements for meat and poultry products
- Carcasses, bone-in and boneless cuts, salt meat, smoked meat, minced meat (sausage meat), offal, and canned products of the following:
- game buffalo
- meat, lard
- products containing pork meat or pig fat
- Products containing alcohol
- Preserved meat and meat products shall not contain:
- sodium nitrate in excess of 500 mg/kg measured as nitrate;
- free sulphur dioxide in excess of 450 mg/kg; or,
- starch in excess of 4% on a dry weight basis.
Production controls and inspection requirements
- A certificate in respect of ritual slaughter is required.
For preserved meat products, the manufacturer shall provide a declaration, under company letterhead, as to the kind of meat and composition of the product, including fat content, on a percentage basis. The declaration shall be completed by an official Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) veterinarian, as follows:
"I, the undersigned, a duly qualified veterinary surgeon in the employ of the Government of Canada, have no reason to doubt the truth of this declaration."
(signature of official veterinarian and date)
Labelling, marking and packaging requirements
- Carcasses shall be branded to indicate compliance with Halal ritual slaughter requirements.
- Consumer-sized packages of meat and meat products require Arabic labelling detailing the trade description, product contents, date of manufacture and expiry date. There is no objection to dual labelling in English and Arabic.
- Certificate of Inspection Covering Meat Products (CFIA/ACIA 1454)
- Date modified: