Dominican Republic – Export requirements for meat and poultry products
Some of the information on this Web page has been provided by external sources. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information supplied by external sources. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information. Content provided by external sources is not subject to official languages, privacy and accessibility requirements.
- The importation of poultry meat is subject to restrictions related to Avian Influenza.
- Tallow with 0.15% insoluble impurities
- Poultry meat from British Columbia is prohibited.
Pre-export approvals by competent authority of importing country
- A permit from the General Directorate for Livestock (Dirección General de Ganadería – DIGEGA) of the Ministry of Agriculture (Ministerio de Agricultura) is required for the importation of meat products into Dominican Republic.
- Annex A – Certificate of Inspection Covering Meat Products
- Annex A is to accompany all consignments. This annex is equivalent to form CFIA/ACIA 1454 but with Spanish language text. Form CFIA/ACIA 1454 must not be used for consignments to Dominican Republic.
- Annex B – Additional certificate for poultry meat exported to Dominican Republic
- Annex B should be issued in case of poultry meat product.
Ministerio de Agricultura (Spanish only)
Autopista Duarte KM 6 ½ Los Jardines del Norte
Santo Domingo, D.N. República Dominicana
Dirección General de Ganadería – DIGEGA (Spanish only)
Autopista 30 de Mayo, Ciudad Ganadera
Santo Domingo, R. D.
- Date modified: