Argentina - Export requirements for meat and poultry products
Some of the information on this Web page has been provided by external sources. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information supplied by external sources. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information. Content provided by external sources is not subject to official languages, privacy and accessibility requirements.
- Pork products:
- fresh meat (chilled or frozen)
- fresh pork fat (chilled or frozen)
- Pork products:
- pork meat product imported into Canada
Pre-export approvals by competent authority of importing country
- Pork meat product establishments must appear on Annex 1: List of Establishments Approved to Export to Argentina.
Production controls and inspection requirements
- Establishments where eligible pork meat products are manufactured for export to Argentina must develop, implement and maintain effective and verifiable control measures to ensure compliance with all additional Argentina specific requirements listed in Annex A – Health Certificate for Export of Fresh or Frozen Pork and Pork Products from Canada to Argentina.
- For Trichinella control, skeletal muscle is to be tested for Trichinella by using a validated digestion method approved by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) in a CFIA laboratory or a laboratory certified by the CFIA for that purpose, or to be submitted to cold treatment by using freezing method #1, #2 or #3 approved by the CFIA as outlined on Control recommendations for the inactivation of Trichinella spiralis in pork products.
- Where eligible and non-eligible products are manufactured at the same establishment, the control measures must ensure that non-eligible products can be distinguished from those that are eligible through receiving, processing, shipping and distribution.
- The controls must include monitoring, verification and deviation procedures. The control measures must be reviewed and found satisfactory by the inspector-in-charge of the establishment. The inspector will verify compliance through usual inspection activities.
Labelling, marking and packaging requirements
- Labels must be in English and Spanish languages.
- Certificate of Inspection Covering Meat Products (CFIA/ACIA 1454)
- Annex A – Health Certificate for Export of Fresh or Frozen Pork and Pork Products from Canada to Argentina
Servicio Nacional de Sanidad y Calidad Agroalimentaria (SENASA) (Spanish only)
- SENASA Resolution No. 816 of 2002: RESOLUCIÓN-816-2002-SENASA (Spanish only)
- Date modified: