Peru - Export requirements for milk and dairy products
- All dairy products
Production controls and inspection requirements
- Certification requires a mandatory inspection of each lot.
- Negative alkaline phosphatase test results may be required unless the milk underwent pasteurization with a system approved by Servicio Nacional de Sanidad Agraria (SENASA) and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).
- Health certificate for the export of milk and dairy products from Canada to Peru
- To be used for products that are categorized as risk level two (2) by SENASA
- Health certificate for the export of dairy products and dairy based products for human consumption
- Note: Certification is not required for products categorized as risk level one (1) by SENASA; however, due to the frequent regulatory changes in Peru the standard health certificate can be issued.
More information on SENASA risk categorization of dairy products can be found in the Peruvian legal standards document Normas Legales 576671 (Spanish only) - PDF (1.2 mb).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: