The Canadian Food Inspection Agency verifies that livestock feeds manufactured and sold in Canada or imported are safe, effective and are labelled appropriately. Safe and effective feeds contribute to the production and maintenance of healthy livestock and safe foods of animal origin.
What information is available?
- Approved feed ingredients
- Commercial Feed Facilities Enrolled in the Canadian Ractopamine-Free Pork Certification Program
- Compendium of medicating ingredient brochures
- Consultations on proposed regulatory and policy changes
- Application for Permit to Operate a Rendering Plant (CFIA/ACIA 0065)
- Application for Feed Registration or Renewal (CFIA/ACIA 0009)
- Declaration of Resident Canadian Agent (CFIA/ACIA 1194)
- Application for Certification of Livestock Feeds from Canada to the United States (CFIA/ACIA 5619)
- CVS Facility Risk Profile – Commercial Feed Mill (CFIA/ACIA 5844)
- Industry notices
- How is the CFIA contributing to the responsible use of medically important antimicrobials in animals?
- National Feed Inspection Program
- Novel feeds
- Regulatory guidance
Additional government and industry information
- Date modified: