Putting preventive measures in place to keep animals healthy has been a long-standing and successful practice on Canadian farms. Biosecurity planning helps to ensure that practices routinely carried out on your farm are beneficial to animal health.
National biosecurity standards
The CFIA develops national biosecurity standards, protocols and strategies designed to protect animal resources in collaboration with producer organizations, provincial/territorial governments, and academia.
General biosecurity measures for producers and veterinarians
- Assess your biosecurity practices
- Biosecurity for veterinarians
- Biosecurity for transporters
- Monitor your animals
- See something? Say something - Reporting animal diseases
- Biosecurity brochures and videos
- Biosecurity Information for the General Public
- Strengthen On-Farm Biosecurity During Wild Bird Migration
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: