Statement of Rights and Service for Producers, Consumers and Other Stakeholders
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has developed a Statement of Rights and Service for Producers, Consumers and Other Stakeholders, as well as six accompanying guides to inspection (for producers, consumers, processors, animal transporters, importers and exporters).
The objective of the statement and its guides is to offer stakeholders and CFIA staff a clear, plain language explanation of the CFIA's commitment to
- transparent decision making;
- accessible and timely information;
- fair, respectful and unbiased interactions with stakeholders; and
- responsiveness and continuous improvement.
In addition, the statement and guides will
- allow stakeholders to become more familiar with the CFIA's roles and responsibilities
- clarify what stakeholders can expect when dealing with the CFIA
- reference the CFIA's expectations of regulated parties as outlined in its brochure entitled The Canadian Food Inspection Agency and Its Regulated Parties, Stakeholders and Partners: An Ethical Relationship
Stakeholders are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the statement and guides, which will be useful when interacting with the CFIA:
- Statement of Rights and Service for Producers, Consumers and Other Stakeholders
- A Producer's Guide to Inspection
- A Consumer's Guide to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- A Processor's Guide to Inspection
- An Animal Transporter's Guide to Inspection
- An Importer's Guide to Inspection
- An Exporter's Guide to Inspection
- Questions and Answers
Complaints and Appeals Process
The CFIA has a Complaints and Appeals process that allows stakeholders to register complaints and appeals related to quality of service, administrative errors and regulatory decisions. The Office of Complaints and Appeals was launched on April 2, 2012.
Access the form "Complaints, Comments and Compliments" form (CFIA/ACIA 5686)
- Date modified: