Join the discussion: Canada's contribution to the International Plant Protection Convention standard-setting process
Current status: Open
Opened on July 1, 2019 and will close to new input on September 30, 2019
Each year, the International Plant Protection Convention conduct consultations with contracting parties on draft International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPMs). Through these consultations, each member country has the opportunity to share their perspectives and contribute towards improving the ISPMs. The CFIA is responsible for engaging partners and stakeholders, submitting comments on behalf of Canadians and ensuring that Canadian interests are considered and reflected in the ISPMs.
Join in: how to participate
After reviewing the draft ISPMs going through consultation:
- submit your written comments or questions to the CFIA via email at email@example.com
- participate in the consultation workshop in person, via webinar or by phone
- Date: August 8, 2019
- Time: 1 pm to 4 pm (EST)
- Place: 59 Camelot-1W-108
- Introduction to the IPPC and the standard setting process
- Overview of changes for each draft ISPM
- Open discussion and comment period
- Next steps
- Participate via webinar
- If requested, enter your name and email address.
- If a password is required, enter the meeting password: 39ZyKqt4
- Click "Join". Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Local: 613-960-7513 or toll free: 1-877-413-4788
- Access code: 436 370 9
If you submit written comments, we request that the draft ISPM's specific paragraph number to which they apply is identified and supported by an explanation of their purpose and suggestions for alternative text where appropriate.
Who is the focus of this consultation
All groups that are interested in plant health and willing to contribute feedback to any of the draft ISPMS including government organisations, importers and industry are encouraged to participate.
The focus of this consultation is on the following draft ISPMs undergoing second consultation:
- 1994-001 Draft 2018 amendments to ISPM 5: Glossary of phytosanitary terms
- 2009-005 Draft revision of ISPM 8: Determination of pest status in an area
- 2014-002 Draft ISPM: Authorization of entities to perform phytosanitary actions
- 2014-006 Draft ISPM: Requirements for the use of modified atmosphere treatments as phytosanitary measures
The full list of ISPMs, diagnostic protocols and annexes for consultation is listed on the IPPC website.
Key questions for discussion
Do you have substantive, technical or editorial comments, concerns or questions on the draft ISPMs under consultation?
Please note that a document containing the history of previous consultations on draft ISPMs is available as well, previous versions of draft ISPMs going through consultations and their background documents are available in the previous consultations for ISPMs page.
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our mailing list.
- Date modified: