Weed Seeds Order Review Secondary Consultation Document
This page has been archived
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) consulted broadly with Canadians regarding proposed changes to the Weed Seeds Order (WSO) between October 23, 2009 and February 15, 2010. The comments received were published and distributed on April 30, 2010.
Contained herein is the CFIA's response to comments received to date and recommendations for a revised Weed Seeds Order.
Information related to a revised WSO is available in the following documents:
- Weed Seeds Order Workshop "Scoping the Issues" Report (October 2008)
- Weed Seeds Order Workshop II "Initiating Change" Report (March 2009)
- Weed Seeds Order Review: Proposal for Change (October 23, 2009)
- Weed Seeds Order Review Responses Received (April 30 2010)
- Risk Management documents for proposed prohibited noxious are available by request at SeedSemence@inspection.gc.ca
It is assumed that the reader of this document is familiar with the material in the aforementioned documents. Species information presented in previous consultation material is not repeated herein.
The results of this secondary consultation, together with responses received to-date, will be incorporated into the Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement leading to pre-publication in Canada Gazette, Part I for a 75 day comment period.
The Revisions to the Weed Seeds Order would come into effect following publication in Canada Gazette, Part II, or upon a "coming into force" date published in Canada Gazette, Part II.
- Date modified: