Description for Variety Certificates (CFIA/ACIA 0007)
This document must be filled out for a seed lot certified under the OECD Seed Schemes which meets EC Rules and Standards and also states this on the tag/label.
One of four options must be checked off on the form to indicate that the variety certificate is issued under the OECD Scheme for Varietal Certification of:
- Grass and Legume Seed (1)
- Crucifer Seed and other Oil or Fibre Species Seed (2)
- Cereal Seed (3)
- Maize and Sorghum Seed (4)
Name of Designated Authority issuing the certificate: Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Ottawa, Canada.
There are seven fields to fill in.
- Species (1)
- Reference No. (2)
- Variety (3)
- Number of Containers (4)
- Declared Weight of Lot (5)
- For Maize Seed Only (6) has 3 options to choose from:
- Open Pollinated (i)
- Cross (ii)
- Inbred Line (iii)
- Name or Code No. (7)
The seed lot bearing this reference number has been produced in accordance with the Scheme and is approved as one of the following four options:
- Pre-basic seed (white label with diagonal violet stripe) (1)
- Basic seed (white label) (2)
- Certified Seed, 1st generation (blue label) (3)
- Certified Seed, 2nd generation (red label) (4)
This seed lot meets EC Rules and Standards insofar as they are known.
There are lines for the inspector to fill in inspector signature, place and date.