This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on image for larger view
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (Secura x ESH 2605/77) made by Saka Pflanzenzucht GbR at their Windeby's breeding station, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany, in 1983.
- Year registered in Canada: 2010
- Registration number: 6770
- Maturity: mid-season.
- Plants: tall, semi-erect; thin stems not or weakly pigmented; waved single wings; nodes not swollen and not pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, semi-open; midribs and petioles not or weakly pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate and very slightly asymmetrical; moderately wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: five to six pairs; small; narrowly ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate and slightly asymmetrical.
- Flowers: moderately numerous; red-violet corolla, weakly pigmented, slightly prominent star; orange anthers; flower buds, calyxes and peduncles weakly pigmented.
- Tubers: long oval; smooth red skin; moderately deep eyes, evenly distributed; slightly prominent eyebrows; yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: spherical; red-violet; base and tip weakly pubescent and strongly pigmented; closed tip.
Medium to high yielding variety. Tubers are medium sized with an attractive appearance and high resistance to external damage, internal rust spot and hollow heart. Medium to long dormancy period. Good storability.
Rosara is well adapted to all soil types and different climatic conditions. It is recommended to irrigate under dry conditions and to apply seed treatment against rhizoctonia.
- Utilization: excellent for boiling and baking.
- Chief Markets: early fresh market and general ware.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (Synchytrium endobioticum race 1).
Resistant: golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis Ro1)
Highly resistant: tuber late blight, blackleg, common scab, leaf roll, PVA, PVY
Moderately resistant: leaf late blight.
References: 1, 4, 12.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: