This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by P. & J. Dijkhuis from (DH 61-133-3 x KO 62-374) in Warfhuizen (The Netherlands) in 1968. Released in 1979.
- Registration in Canada: deregistered
- Maturity: mid to late season
- Plants: tall, semi-erect to spreading; stems weakly pigmented; wings prominent, waved single; very slightly swollen nodes, not pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, open; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium to broadly ovate; apex acuminate; base cordate and very slightly asymmetrical; medium wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: five pairs; medium ovate; apex acute to acuminate; cordate base.
- Flowers: numerous, medium to large corolla, white with a medium to very prominent star; yellow-orange anther; flower bud not pigmented; peduncle weakly pigmented.
- Tubers: oval; smooth yellow skin; shallow eyes, few to intermediate in number, predominantly apical, very slightly prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid, moderately pubescent; base strongly pigmented of red-purple; apex very weakly pigmented.
High yielding variety; good storability; medium dormancy period; high dry matter. Pre-sprouting is desirable since a large number of stems is necessary to avoid over size. Suitable for all types of soil. Foliage development is rather quick; gives good soil cover. Moderately susceptible for bruising and internal blackspot. Warm tubers before grading to prevent internal blackspot. Careful harvesting is desirable, good skin set is necessary.
- Utilization: good for boiling, baking and chipping; very good for french frying.
- Chief Markets: seed export, processing.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: wart disease.
Resistant: pathotype A of the golden nematode.
Good resistance: PVY.
Moderately resistant: leaf roll, PVX, tuber late blight.
Moderately susceptible: common scab, leaf late blight, PVA, silver scurf.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: