This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred at the Agriculture Canada Research Center from the cross (Hudson x F73008) in La Pocatière, Quebec (Canada) in 1986.
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4779
- Maturity: early mid-season
- Plants: medium height, erect; thin stems moderately pigmented; wings weakly prominent, straight single; nodes moderately swollen, weakly pigmented.
- Leaves: yellowish green, semi-open, pubescent; midribs and petioles weakly pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip cuspidate; base cordate and slightly asymmetrical; weakly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: three pairs, large; medium ovate; tip cuspidate; base cordate and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: medium-sized, very pale lavender corolla, moderately prominent star; yellow-orange anther; flower buds weakly pigmented; peduncle weakly pigmented.
- Tubers: oval to oblong; smooth white skin; shallow eyes, few to intermediate in number, uniformly distributed; slightly prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid; base reddish purple, moderately pigmented, not pubescent; apex very weakly pigmented, moderately pubescent.
This variety gives very good yields early in the season and excellent mid-season yields; well adapted to Quebec climatic conditions; good storability; medium dormancy period; medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: good for boiling and baking.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
No information available
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: