AC Peregrine Red
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (ND372-2R x ND223-8R) made in 1985 at the North Dakota State University and selected by the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Lethbridge Research Center, Alberta.
- Year registered in Canada: 2000
- Registration number: 5148
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium, semi-erect growth; thick stems, moderately pigmented; prominent straight single wings; nodes moderately swollen, pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, mid-open, pubescent; petioles and midribs moderately pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acuminate; base truncate and symmetrical.
Primary leaflets: four pairs; medium ovate; tip acuminate, base truncate and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: numerous; intense blue-violet with a very prominent star; orange anthers; flower buds persistent, highly pigmented; medium berry production.
- Tubers: oval; smooth red skin; shallow eyes, evenly distributed; eyebrows not prominent; cream coloured flesh.
- Sprouts: spherical; strongly pubescent; very strong red-violet pigmentation at the base; apex weakly pigmented.
High yielding variety with medium number of tubers per plant. Medium specific gravity. Medium dormancy period. Good storability.
- Utilization: low after cooking discolouration and low boiling sloughing; suitable for general consumption.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Moderately resistant: early blight.
Moderately susceptible: common scab, verticillium wilt.
Susceptible: late blight.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: