11.7.3 Cayman Islands
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
184.108.40.206 General information
It is permitted to import for personal consumption into Cayman Islands up to a maximum of 5 kg of meat products derived from ruminant animals.
220.127.116.11 Import prohibitions or restrictions
18.104.22.168.1 Prohibitions over the importation of the following products derived from cattle, bison, buffalo, sheep, goats and deer:
- all products containing specified risk materials namely: brain, eyes, spinal cord, tonsils, dorsal root ganglia, trigeminal ganglia and intestines from duodenum to rectum of all ruminant animals regardless of age; and
- produced made using Advanced Meat Recovery process (Finely textured meat), or mechanically separated meat (MSM).
22.214.171.124.2 Restrictions have also been imposed over the importation of products derived from ruminants and only the following products are allowed entry:
126.96.36.199.2.1 Products derived from animals slaughtered in Canada or products imported from the USA:
- Fresh/frozen beef or bison meat, bone-in or boneless, including salted beef derived from animals aged less than 30 months.
- Boneless or bone-in sheep and goat meat derived from animals aged less than 12 months.
- Veal boneless or bone-in.
- Fresh or frozen bovine liver.
- Ground meat derived from ruminant animals aged less than 30 months in the case of bovine animals or 12 months in the case of ovine or caprine animals provided it is manufactured after July 24, 2003.
- Processed foods containing meat derived from ruminant animals aged less than 30 months in the case of bovine animals or 12 months in the case of ovine or caprine animals such as ready-to-eat meals, sausages, meatballs, patties, dried and canned meat provided the product is manufactured after July 24, 2003.
188.8.131.52.2.2 Products imported from countries other than the USA
- Ruminant meat products imported from New Zealand or Australia and processed or in transit in Canada.
- Boneless ruminant meat imported from Argentina, Brazil or Uruguay thoroughly cooked in hermetically sealed cans in Canada.
184.108.40.206 Specific or additional inspection procedures
220.127.116.11 Additional certification
In the case of ruminant products Annex A is to be issued.
18.104.22.168 Special marking and packaging requirements
22.214.171.124 Other requirements
- Date modified: