Final Report of an Audit Conducted In Argentina September 9th, through September 25th, 2013
Evaluating the Food Safety Systems Governing the Production of Beef And Poultry Meat Products Intended for Export to Canada
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) conducted an audit of Argentina's beef and poultry food safety inspection system from September 9 through 25, 2013.
The audit began with an opening meeting held in Buenos Aires with the participation of representatives from the Central Competent Authority (CCA) – Servicio Nacional de Sanidad y Calidad Agroalimentaria, SENASA, the CFIA auditor, and representatives from the Canadian Embassy in Argentina and the Government of Argentina.
The CCA provided detailed information on various subjects of interest to the CFIA which included the following:
- (1) Overview of SENASA structure and general information on Argentina
- (2) Inspection of poultry, egg products and minor species
- (3) Inspection of beef slaughter and processing
- (4) Eradication plan for FMD
- (5) Animal Health controls for poultry
- (6) Export certification and
- (7) Information systems.
- Date modified: