Meat and Poultry Products
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) verifies that meat and poultry products leaving federally-inspected establishments or being imported into Canada are safe and wholesome. The CFIA also monitors registered and non-registered establishments for labelling compliance and audits the delivery of a grading program based on objective standards of meat quality and retail yield.
What information is available?
- Food Safety Enhancement Program Manual
- Meat Hygiene Manual of Procedures
- Packaging and Labelling
- Livestock and Poultry Grading
- Reference Listing of Accepted Construction Materials, Packaged Materials and Non-Food Chemical Products
Additional government and industry information
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada - Red Meat Market Information
- Canadian Meat Council
- Canadian Poultry and Egg Processors Council
- Further Poultry Processors Association of Canada
- Health Canada - Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR)
- Provincially Registered Meat Establishments
- Date modified: