Labelling Requirements for Maple Products
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
On December 14, 2016, amendments to nutrition labelling, list of ingredients and food colour requirements of the Food and Drug Regulations came into force. Regulated parties have a five (5) year transition period to meet the new labelling requirements.
Consult the Former – Labelling Requirements for Maple Products for information on the former requirements.
On this page
- Common Name – Maple Products
- List of Ingredients – Maple Products
- Net Quantity – Maple Products
- Identity and Principal Place of Business – Maple Products
Country of Origin – Maple Products
- Indicating the Country of Origin
- Maple Products Prepared in Canada
- Indicating the Province of Origin
- Canadian Maple Products, Packed in a Foreign Country and Re-Imported in Canada
- Maple Products Wholly Manufactured in a Country Other Than Canada
- Imported Maple Products Graded, Packed and Labelled in Canada
- Grade Designation for Maple Syrup
- Colour Classes of Maple Syrup
- Lot Number or Production Code
- Registration Number
- Bulk Containers
- Exemptions for Non Commercial Shipments
- Maple Product Substitutes
- Summary of Mandatory Maple Syrup Labelling Requirements
- Summary of Mandatory Maple Products (Other Than Maple Syrup) Labelling Requirements
- Date modified: