Labelling Requirements for Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
If a dealer wishes to market produce which does not meet the requirements of the FFVR, the dealer may apply to test market the produce for a period of up to 24 months. The test market request may be authorized provided that:
- based on information available to the Minister, the test market for that produce is valid; and
- the dealer provides evidence that:
- the container to be used is suitable for the produce;
- the labelling of the container is not misleading as to the nature, quantity, quality, composition, character, safety, value, variety or origin of the produce; and
- the produce meets the requirements of section 3.1 of the FFVR.
At the end of the test market period the proposed regulatory change may be incorporated into the Regulations [2.3, FFVR].
For more information on test markets for fresh fruit and vegetables, refer to the current listing of existing test markets.
- Date modified: