Labelling Requirements for Foods for Special Dietary Use
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
On December 14, 2016, amendments to nutrition labelling, list of ingredients and food colour requirements of the Food and Drug Regulations came into force. Regulated parties have a five (5) year transition period to meet the new labelling requirements.
Consult the Former – Labelling Requirements for Foods for Special Dietary Use for information on the former requirements.
On this page
- Expiration Date
- Nutrition Labelling - Foods for Special Dietary Use
- Formulated Liquid Diets
- Meal Replacements
- Nutritional Supplements
Foods Represented for Use in Very Low Energy Diets
- Statement – Under Medical Supervision
- Nutrient Content Declaration - Foods Represented for Use in Very Low Energy Diets
- Directions for Preparation and Storage
- Direction for Use - Foods Represented for Use in Very Low Energy Diets
- Voluntary Claims and Statements - Foods Represented for Use in Very Low Energy Diets
- Prepackaged Meal for Use in Weight-Reduction Diet
- Foods Sold by Weight Reduction Clinics
- Gluten-Free Foods
- Weight Reduction Diets
- Energy-Reduced Diets
- Sodium-Restricted Diets
- Texture Modified Diets
- Other Foods for Special Dietary Use
- Date modified: