Facilities Inspection Manual
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Note: Files available in HTML format only
Previous versions included here.
Amendment no. 22 - Chapter 3, Subject 3 - 00/05/01
Chapter 3, Subject 3
Compliance Verification Policies and Procedures for Registered Establishments
- completion of Non-conformity Reports if required, and a Compliance Verification Summary Report; and …
- if there are 10 SOPs used in controlling the process, look at the five that are most significant to the safety of the product; and ...
3.5.1 New paragraph
1) QMP Requirement - the section in the establishment's QMP plan which references the standard or regulation to be met;...
3.8.2 Records will be examined for completeness and accuracy, and to find any anomalies. It is not necessary to examine all the documentation that is available; a sample of the records produced since the last CV should be taken for review.
The identification of a Critical non-conformity will require the processor to immediately develop a Corrective Action Plan, and initiate corrective actions to eliminate the non-conformity and bring the process back under control. These actions may include, but are not limited to:
- correcting the immediate problem(s);
- voluntarily closing the plant or halting processing;
- identifying and segregating all affected product for culling, reworking, or disposal;
- investigating why the problem occurred; and
- making the necessary system or control changes to eliminate or prevent a recurrence.
- the team negotiates a reasonable time frame for the establishment to submit a CAP to the CFIA. This date is entered in the QMP CV Summary Report; ....
- the management representatives are asked to sign the QMP Compliance Verification Summary Report; and...
3.12.3 The Compliance Verification documentation presented to the establishment will consist of the Non-conformity Report page(s) and the QMP Compliance Verification Summary Report.
4. CFIA Compliance Verification File
The completed Compliance Verification file retained in the CFIA office will include:
- the CV Plan;
- a record of the opening meeting;
- the completed CV checklists used by each member of the CV team;
- the completed Non-conformity Report(s);
- the Compliance Verification Summary Report;
- a record of the exit meeting; and
- results of the Follow-up to verify completion of the Corrective Action Plan.
- Appendix A - Compliance Verification Plan
- Appendix B - Compliance Verification Checklist
- Appendix C - Compliance Verification - Non-conformity Report
- Appendix D - QMP Compliance Verification Summary Report
- Appendix E - Opening Meeting Checklist
- Appendix F - Guide to Sampling and Testing During a Compliance Verification
- Appendix G - Compliance Verification Checklist (information and examples)
- Appendix H - Exit Meeting Checklist
- Appendix I - Follow-up Checklist
- Date modified: