Flowchart - Follow-up Procedure to a Unsatisfactory Result for Pathogens (Listeria monocytogenes and/or Salmonella spp.) on Non-food contact surfaces under sampling plan D212D
The non-food contact surfaces is sampled (CFIA's directed environmental program)
If the results are satisfactory, inform the operator of satisfactory result.
If the results are unsatisfactory, then the CFIA's actvities are:
- Inform operator as soon as possible
- Open IMS file and record all activities related to the finding
- Request an action plan (it should be received within 5 working days) and assess appropriateness
- Notify the plant in writing immediately if the action plan is not acceptable or if it is not received on time
- Sign the action plan if it is acceptable and keep it on file
And the operator's activities are:
- Initiate corrective actions as per action plan (intensive sanitation and cleaning, review processing conditions, etc.)
- Verify environmental conditions by re-testing the non-FCS originally tested (analyze them individually) and include testing of FCS to ensure that these surfaces are free of pathogens.
- Notify CFIA of all results
Once the activities listed above are completed:
- Inspector verify industry's follow up actions by reviewing records
- Complete the IMS file