Dairy Import Activities
1.4 Required Equipment and References
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
- Canada Agricultural Products Act (CAPA)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency Act (CFIAA)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency Fees Notice (CFIAFN)
- CFIA Import Policy
- Cheat Sheets to Assist Importers to Meet Requirements of Dairy Importing ActivitiesFootnote 1
- Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act and Regulations (CPLA/R)
- Dairy Establishment Inspection Manual (DEIM)
- Dairy Imports - Compliance Status of cheese and other dairy products – Appendix 15
- Dairy Inspection Report (CFIA/ACIA 950)
- Dairy Product Inspection Procedures
- Dairy Products Regulations (DPR)
- Food and Drugs Act and Regulations (FDA/R)
- Guide to Food Labelling and Advertising (Guide)
- Health Canada's Policy on Listeria monocytogenes in Ready-to-Eat Foods (HC Lm Policy)
- Import Declaration (CFIA/ACIA 4560) and Annex A - Dairy Products (CFIA/ACIA 5304) – Appendix 2 and 3
- Importer Verification Worksheet – Appendix 12
- IREP Policy and Worksheet – Appendix 17 and Appendix 18
- Metal Can Defect Manual
- Request for release approval (CFIA/ACIA 5272) – Appendix 7
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) Website
CFIA Import computer applications
Automated Import Reference System (AIRS)
The purpose of AIRS is to provide accurate and timely information on import requirements. The application guides the user through a series of questions about the harmonized system codes, origin, end use and miscellaneous qualifiers of the product they wish to import to determine the CFIA import requirements.
This system is used by both government (CFIA, ISC, CBSA) and industry (importers, brokers) for import requirements. AIRS is accessible from the CFIA website.
Import Retrieval System (IRS)
This is an internal application used to prepare ad hoc reports for imported products.
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada Website
EU - France Approved Plant List
Section IX Processing Plants for Milk and Milk Products
- Date modified: