Sanitary requirements for export of mammalian raw hide chews to New Zealand (March 1, 2016)
Mammalian rawhide chews from any country may be given biosecurity clearance provided that all of the following requirements are met:
- The product does not contain any animal products other than the skin, hide or ligamentum nuchae of a mammal (i.e. not avian products)
- The product is shelf-stable
- The product is commercially prepared, packaged, and labelled as petfood
- The product is in its original sealed packaging on arrival
- The product must be accompanied by a manufacturer's declaration endorsed by an official veterinarian of the country of origin certifying that the product has been soaked in a lime solution of pH 14 for at least 8 hours.
- Date modified: