Sanitary Requirements for Export of Feather Meal from Canada to Vietnam
HA 2319 (Amended March 15, 2011)
- The area where the exported feather meal has been produced is free from Notifiable Avian
influenza and Newcastle disease.
- The exported products originate from animals which did not show symptoms of any
notifiable disease of the species.
- The exported products were derived exclusively from poultry originating in Canada and/or
in the USA.
- The products have been processed in a rendering plant operating under a valid permit
issued under the authority of Health of Animals Act by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).
- The exported products do not contain any ruminant material.
- The products have been subjected to a temperature of not less than
hour(s) to ensure no harmful microorganism are left.
- Renderers can demonstrate that precautions to avoid contamination following processing
- Renderers can demonstrate their participation in a Salmonella reduction program and that
a pest and insect control program is in place.
- This product is not fit for human consumption and is intended to be used in aquaculture,
poultry, and swine feeds as well as pet foods.
- Date modified: