Sanitary Requirements for Export of Poultry Meat & Bone Meal from Canada to Vietnam
HA 2296 (Amended March 15, 2011)
- The area where the exported products have been produced is free from Notifiable Avian
influenza and Newcastle disease.
- The exported products originate from animals which did not show symptoms of any notifiable
disease of the species.
- The products have been processed in a rendering plant operating under a valid permit
issued under the authority of Health of Animals Act, by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).
- The exported products do not contain any ruminant material.
- The exported products were derived exclusively from poultry originating in Canada and/or
in the USA.
- The products have been subjected to a temperature of not less than
hour(s) to ensure no harmful micro-organism is left.
- Renderers can demonstrate they have taken precautions to avoid contamination following
- Renderers can demonstrate they participate in a Salmonella reduction
program. Renderers can demonstrate they have pest and insect control program in place.
- This product does not fit for human consumption and is intended to be used in aquaculture,
poultry, and swine feeds as well as pet foods.
- Date modified: