Sanitary Requirements for Export of Processed Animal Protein Not Intended for Human Consumption, Including Mixtures and Products other than Pet Food Containing such Protein, for Dispatch to or for Transit Through Norway
HA 2459 (October 24, 2008)
- The processed animal protein or product described above contains exclusively processed animal protein not intended for human consumption that:
- has been prepared and stored in a plant approved, validated and supervised by the competent authority in accordance with Article 17 and where appropriate Article 11 of Regulation (EC) No 1774/2002, and
- has been prepared exclusively with the following animal by-products :
- Either - parts of slaughtered animals, which were fit for human consumption in accordance with Community legislation, but are not intended for human consumption for commercial reasons,
- and/or - parts of slaughtered animals, which were rejected as unfit for human consumption but are not affected by any signs of diseases communicable to humans or animals and derive from carcases that were fit for human consumption in accordance with Community legislation,
- and/or - hides and skins, hooves and horns, pig bristles and feathers originating from animals that were slaughtered in a slaughterhouse, underwent ante mortem inspection and were fit, as a result of such inspection, for slaughter in accordance with Community legislation,
- and/or - blood obtained from animals other than ruminants that were slaughtered in a slaughterhouse, underwent ante mortem inspection and were fit, as a result of such inspection, for slaughter in accordance with Community legislation,
- and/or - animal by-products derived from the production of products intended for human consumption, including degreased bones and greaves,
- and/or - former foodstuffs of animal origin, or former foodstuffs containing products of animal origin, other than catering waste, which are no longer intended for human consumption for commercial reasons or due to problems of manufacturing or packaging defects or other defects which do not present any risk to humans or animals,
- and/or - fish or other sea animals, except sea mammals, caught in the open sea for the purposes of fishmeal production,
- and/or - fresh by-products from fish from plants manufacturing fish products for human consumption,
- and/or - shells, hatchery by-products and cracked egg by-products originating from animals which did not show clinical signs of any disease communicable through that product to humans or animals,
- has been subjected to the following processing standard :
- Either - heating to a core temperature of more than 133°C for at least 20 minutes without interruption at a pressure (absolute) of at least 3 bars produced by saturated steam, with a particle size prior to processing of not more than 50 millimetres;
- Or - in the case of non-mammalian protein other than fishmeal, the processing method as set out in Annex V, Chapter III, of Regulation (EC) No 1774/2002;
- Or - in the case of fishmeal the processing method as set out in Annex V, Chapter III, of Regulation (EC) No 1774/2002;
- Or - in the case of porcine blood, the processing method as set out in Annex V, Chapter III to Regulation (EC) No 1774/2002, where in case of method 7 a heat treatment of at least 80 °C has been applied throughout its substance.
- The competent authority examined a random sample immediately prior to dispatch and found it to comply with the following standards:
- Salmonella: Absence in 25g: n=5, c=0, m=0, M=0;
- Enterobacteriaceae: n=5, c=2, m=10, M=300 in 1g
- The end product:
- Either - was packed in new or sterilised bags,
- Or - was transported in bulk in containers or other means of transport that were thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with a disinfectant approved by the competent authority before use. which bear labels indicating "Not for human consumption".
- The end product was stored in enclosed storage.
- The product has undergone all precautions to avoid recontamination with pathogenic agents after treatment.
- Date modified: