Sanitary requirements for export gelatin for technical uses (photography) from Canada to Japan
HA 2406 (Amended January 24, 2010)
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
- The product is exclusively of Canadian origin.
- The product is derived from animals found free of animal infectious diseases as the result of the ante mortem exam.
- The product does not contain Specified Risk Material (SRMs) and is processed by preventing contamination from SRMs such as the head (except tongues and cheek meat), spinal cord, distal ileum (limited to a 2-meter portion from its junction with the caecum) and vertebral column (bone and related components such as dorsal root ganglia, except vertebrae of the tail) of cattle.
- The products have been submitted to the following treatment:
- Cleaning under pressure;
- Long-term alkali treatment (lime treatment);
- Filtration; and
- Sterilization procedures for 4 seconds at 138 °C or over.
- Date modified: