Sanitary requirements for export of poultry by-product meal, and feather meal From Canada to Indonesia
HA 2085 (Amended March 1, 2010)
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
- The products come from a country or part of a country which is free from Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) for the last six (6) months prior to export. No outbreak of Foot-and-Mouth disease (FMD) was reported within one (1) month prior to export.
- The products have been processed in a rendering plant operating under a valid permit issued under the authority of Health of Animal Act by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).
The products were processed and exported from facilities which do not receive, store or process ruminant material (except milk and milk products, tallow, blood, hides and skins, gelatin and collagen); thus the exported products do not contain ruminant material.
The products were processed in rendering plants that:
render only one species;
- have dedicated/separated lines or separation/flushing protocol to ensure that poultry origin meals manufactured for export to Indonesia are not contaminated with ruminant or porcine materials.
- The rendering plants keep records of the source of raw material that is used for the exported products.
The exported products have been tested negative for Salmonella, Clostridial sp., Listeria. The analyses have been performed in third party laboratories, recognized by the CFIA using accredited method, on the following date(s) :
- Clostridial sp.:
The products have been subjected to a heat treatment of 121 °C for 15 minutes;
- Or 60 °C for 30 minutes;
- Or 56 °C for 3 hours
- Renderers can demonstrate they have taken precautions to avoid contamination following processing.
- Renderers can demonstrate they apply good manufacturing practices and sanitary hygienic procedures prior to packaging.
- Renderers can demonstrate exported products do not contain raw material of ruminant and swine origin.
- Renderers can demonstrate precautions have been taken to ensure the products have been transported in clean condition.
- Date modified: